Incoming students


Incoming students

Learn from the best. Create a better world.

Application Process

  1. The International Office of your home university should nominate you: name, last name, the semester of exchange, e-mail, date of birth, study level, etc.
  2. We are going to contact you to submit the application. We will guide you through our offer of courses, provide you the syllabi you need for making your choice (and for your academic advisor to sign the Learning Agreement), answer some other questions you may have, etc.
  3. You need to send us all the required documentation until the deadline written in the Fact Sheet. You will receive a confirmation by e-mail once the documents have been received.
  4. After we receive and process all the required documentation, we will prepare your Letter of Acceptance and send it by e-mail to you and to your coordinator. (In case you need a Visa/Residence permit or you require a hard copy, mention it and we will send the Letter of Acceptance as soon we can)
  5. We will be in touch until we see each other on the Orientation Day – your first day at ZSEM!
  • Documents

    Please use this application form to formalize your application at ZSEM.

    You will have to submit the following documents:

    • A photocopy of your passport or ID if you are a member of the European Union (it should be valid until the end of your exchange).
    • An International Health Insurance card valid in Croatia (a private one or, if you are from the EU, EU Health card).
    • A recent Transcript of Records from your institution.
    • Motivation letter
    • Curriculum vitae (CV)
    • Send a scanned version of one ID photo by e-mail with the other documents.
  • Deadlines

    For the Fall semester (September – January), the deadline is the 30th of April.
    For the Spring semester (February – June), the deadline is the 30th of October.

  • Learning Agreement
    • EU students need to use this link to submit their Online Learning Agreement. If you are having issues with your OLA, you can use this Learning Agreement. It needs to be signed by yourself, the outgoing coordinator at your university, and the incoming coordinator at ZSEM.
    • Non-EU students should fill out this Learning Agreement.

Course Catalog for Undergraduate Program

  • Economics and Management Courses for Fall & Spring Semester

    Here you can find all the courses you can choose from.


  • Business Mathematics and Economics for Fall & Spring Semester

    Here you can find all the courses you can choose from.

  • Additional Courses
    • Croatian Studies (4 ECTS)
    • Croatia language (4 ECTS)

Course Catalog for Graduate Program

  • MBA in Finance and Banking

    Here you can find all the courses you can choose from.

  • MBA in Human Resource Management

    Here you can find all the courses you can choose from.

  • MBA in Management

    Here you can find all the courses you can choose from.

  • MBA in Marketing

    Here you can find all the courses you can choose from.

  • MBA in Supply Chain Management

    Here you can find all the courses you can choose from.

  • Additional Courses
    • Croatian Studies (4 ECTS)
    • Croatia language (4 ECTS)

Student life & Accommodation

Health Insurance

The health and safety of international students and scholars at ZSEM is our primary concern. Not only does ZSEM academic rigor cause stress, but a new, unfamiliar environment can compound the pressure that you may already be experiencing.

It is very important to obtain International Health Insurance that covers any eventual situation during the coming, returning and staying in Croatia. Your insurance card must be valid for the period of staying and the date of expiry must be clearly visible on the document. EU students must have a valid European Health Insurance Card.


  • It is required to present a negative PCR test that is not older than 48h (from taking the swab to arrival at the border crossing). In case you do not present a negative PCR test, you are required to self isolate for 14 days and take the test in Croatia at your own costs
  • Here you can find more information from the Croatian Ministry of the Interior about the conditions of entry into Croatia
  • Masks are obligatory in all closed areas (school campus, public transport, shops, cafes, and restaurants), they are not required in the fresh air
  • Before entering Croatia, it is recommended to fill out the form Enter Croatia to avoid waiting in lines upon your arrival
  • Here you can find all the information and instructions issued by the Croatian Institute for Public Health
  • It is recommended to follow the official government’s website about COVID-19 for the latest information
  • You can test yourself free of charge only if a family doctor refers you for testing, otherwise, you need to pay from 500 – 800 kunas, depending on the institution
  • You can test yourself at Health Center WestCroatian Institute for Public HealthInstitute Andrija Štampar, and Institute Dr. Fran Mihaljević

On Campus

  • A machine is placed at the entrance of the campus that measures students’ temperature
  • Hand sanitizers are placed in front of every classroom
  • Masks are obligatory during the lectures and in common areas (halls, the living room, etc.)
  • Students should keep at least a 1,5 m distance from each other and refrain from physical contact

Visa and Temporal Stay Permit

  • Registration of Accommodation

    Your landlord should go with you to the police station to register your stay at their apartment. He needs to sign two forms there: Prijava and Potvrda (Form 8a).

    If the landlord can’t come with you they should write a Landlord’s statement that he/she accepts your stay at his home, the proof that he/she is the owner of the property and a copy oh his/her ID card. You need to bring that to the Police, together with the contract that you signed with your landlord and the contract should be signed by a notary (lawyer).

    Third, and the easiest option, is for your landlord to register your stay via the website, however, not all renters are able to register via this website, but many are. Please, check with your landlord if they are able to register you this way.

    It’s very important to do this first step. Without this, you can’t proceed to apply for your Temporary Stay Permit.

  • Temporary Stay Permit

    Students are required to check whether their nationalities require a Visa in order to come to Croatia. They can check that information here. If they do, students must contact the nearest Croatian Embassy or Consulate to obtain the information on the application process for Temporary Stay Permit. In that case, this process must start and be finished before coming to Croatia. The process usually takes a couple of months or more. ZSEM will support the application by issuing necessary documents, such as the acceptance letter, but the responsibility for obtaining the Temporary Stay Permit is on each student individually.

    If their nationality doesn’t imply having a Visa, they can start the process of obtaining the Temporary Stay Permit in Croatia as soon as they arrive, at the Ministry of the Interior (address: Petrinjska ulica 30). This process has to be started within 15 days of students’ arrival. We will demand the confirmation of the started process otherwise student won’t be able to attend classes.

    This means if you are of a nationality that does not require a Visa to enter Croatia then you can wait to get a Temporary Stay Permit once you are in Croatia.

    For nationalities that do require a Visa to enter Croatia, you will need to apply for your Temporary Stay Permit before you come to Croatia.

    Look here to see if your country is eligible.

    At the Ministry of Interior, students will have to bring the following documents:

    1. Filled out a Temporary Stay Permit form. Here you can find forms for EU members and Non-EU members.
    2. Letter of Acceptance (as a proof of the dates of your stay – we will prepare also one copy in Croatian)
    3. Health insurance + copy
    4. Passport (or ID for EU students) + copies of the documents
    5. Bank certificate that states that student has enough funds to cover his/her stay (i.e. at least 1000 HRK per month – approximately 150 EUR)
    6. 1 photo in color of a student
    7. 20 HRK (approximately 3 EUR) for stamp fees (only for non-EU students)
    8. It is almost 500 HRK (approximately 70 EUR) for the Temporary Stay Permit for the students that aren’t coming from EU countries (for the students coming from EU countries, the fee is waived)
    9. 240 HRK (approximately 32 EUR) to make the Croatian ID card (only for non-EU students)
  • OIB Number

    Students are required to obtain an OIB number once they arrive in Croatia. An OIB number is a unique identification number assigned to every inhabitant in Croatia regardless of whether they are in Croatia for a short or longer period of time.

    The OIB number is important for:

    • Opening a bank account in Croatia
    • For getting your student X-card (only for EU-students)
    • For getting your Public Transport Pass (ZET card)
    • For signing any contract in Croatia (job, etc.)
    • For signing up to city libraries

    To get your OIB number you should go to the Main Tax Office in Avenija Dubrovnik 32 (working hours – from 8 – 15h).

    EU-students will also get their OIB from the police once they get their Temporary Stay Permit, however, since this can take a long time, we recommend both EU and non-EU students to go get their OIB from the Main Tax Office (you will get your OIB there in 10 minutes). It’s very important though that you bring the paper with your OIB to the police once you come to pick up your Temporary Stay Permit.

    You need to bring a copy of your passport/ID with yourself to the Main Tax Office.

About Croatia